Monday, August 13, 2007

Throat Chakra Dis-ease

So I have been struggling with a sore throat in the evenings the past couple days. I once heard that a sore throat meant you had something to say but couldn't. So, I did some searching and found a wonderful site called askahealer.com...here's a question/answer specific to my issue....(with all due credit)

==
Question on spiritual healing: I had a reading telling me that my Throat Chakra was clogged or blocked. How do I remedy this? And is sore throat or tonsillitis a sign that the throat chakra is out of balance?

Healing facilitation response: Spiritually speaking, the throat chakra quite literally corresponds to communication challenges. So, in the view of the spiritual healing facilitator, problems with the throat area are seen as indicative of some problem with expression.

Energetic throat chakra congestion can eventually be followed up by literal throat problems - excessive phlegm in the throat, frequent sore throat, difficulty swallowing, etc. Of course, frequent sore throat or tonsillitis can also point to related physical problems including post nasal drip, chronic sinusitis, allergies, eustachean tube drainage or even throat cancer so, once a spiritual imbalance manifests as a physical imbalance, it is important to see your chosen healthcare professional.

Before manifesting as physical imbalance, a throat chakra imbalance can be sensed as an unexplained tightness in the throat, a feeling of restriction. It can also manifest in our communication struggles. Anyone with major communication issues, whether those are expressing thru inappropriate expression (anger, rage, bitterness, etc.) or lack of expression (shutting down what we want to say for fear of being judged, rejected, or hurt), should do some work around clearing the throat chakra.

...quoted from http://www.askahealer.com/clogged-throat-chakra.htm

==

......hmmmm....that last part about lack of expression/shutting down....yep....I've found my cause. So, am I more in-tune or have I finally become completely fucked up and wacked out? My heart tells me that I am an open person....I like to discuss everything...philosophical especially. But, just as it has happened all throughout life, I open up and I'm shut down. Shut the fuck up and go back to your hole....get back in line...all in all you're just another brick in the wall.

1 comment:

Gershom Kaligawa said...

Amazing! I have been focusing on releasing my throat chakra in yoga lately and its been healing for me...err so i think, i feel like i'm speaking my honest mind more, which is a step away from my "people pleasing" skills i've learned from being adopted.

good luck to you on your journey! I feel like my throats tension is lessening!!