Friday, May 18, 2007

Blessing or a curse?

So is it a blessing or a curse to be so "in-tune" with the world that surrounds you. I mean, I can peg nearly anyone in an unknown room as soon as I walk-in. WTF? Yet, the majority of people are not in-tune with even the people who you live with....I know we adoptees are more in-tune but I can't understand why others haven't a clue. Obviously, this is a personal experience that is influencing this rant (and some good bourbon).

And the worst part, is when I pick up the vibe, know it's valid and the person says, "nothin." Like I'm fuckin' nuts or something....well, news flash...I am...and I embrace it...and news flash...I was right about the vibe whether you want to admit it now or later.

And this in-tune-ness transcends distance....pick up the fuckin phone....

2 comments:

Andie D. said...

Who knows if it's a blessing or a curse. When I was young, I was waaaaaaay more in tune.

Unfortunately, my afamily was not a supportive environment, and I literally had to adapt or die. I chose life. And although I still sometimes mourn the girl I used to be, I have to say that it's easier to be less in tune. Takes up less time and effort anyway.

Anonymous said...

Being in tune: I'm Alive.